Recognizing the crucial role of media in advancing tobacco control, the Public Health Foundation of India,under its Project STEPS (Strengthening of Tobacco Control Efforts through Innovative Partnerships andStrategies), aims to assist media persons in developing an in-depth understanding about various aspects of tobacco control and encourage them to highlight the need for tobacco control, particularly in India by awarding FIVE media fellowships in Gujarat. The PHFI – STEPS media fellowship will be awarded to print media journalists working in Gujarat (Anand, Kheda, Banaskantha, Rajkot, Surat, Tapi, Ahmedabad/Gandhinagar districts) demonstrating interest and/or experience in reporting on issues in public health in general and tobacco control in particular.
The information can also be viewed in English on website www.ctchp.org . Interested journalists need to apply online using the following link:
Last date: The extended date for submission of application online is May 15th, 2012.
- Is India’s ‘iron man’ Modi a spinmeister or is there something everybody is missing? (indologygoa.wordpress.com)
- Has Narendra Modi really made it large in the ‘Hindutva Laboratory’? (indologygoa.wordpress.com)
- Vibrant Gujarat has 14 % undisclosed income of India (indologygoa.wordpress.com)
- Visa Hanuman in Amdavad !!! (indologygoa.wordpress.com)
- Indian Politicians on Twitter:Modi Express #1 (indologygoa.wordpress.com)