In an apparent fallout of the ‘certain incident’ came to light through a CD, the Supreme Court advocates reportedly passed a resolution to boycott him. This, when Singhvi had to give in to the mounting pressure to quit Congress amid huge criticism after the alleged CD came into light.
According to reports, the Supreme Court Bar Association recently passed a resolution deciding not to engage senior counsel Abhishek Manu Singhvi, allegedly involved in a controversial CD with a lady advocate.
The resolution was adopted at a meeting of the Association wherein it was unanimously decided that Singhvi shall not be engaged by any of the advocates on record henceforth.
The Association also dispatched a copy of the resolution to Chief Justice of India SH Kapadia expressing dismay at the alleged controversial action, which it felt went against the professional conduct prescribed for the lawyers under the Advocates Act.
The SC advocates’ move comes nine days after Manu Singhvi resigned as the Congress spokesperson.
The series of controversies started after Singhvi approached Delhi High Court to stop a media house from publishing contents of the allegedly ‘forged, fabricated and morphed’ CD.
The Congress leader got some respite initially as the HC restrained the media from making public the contents of the alleged CD. The relief was shortlived as two days after the HC’s order, the content of the video went viral online.
The Congress leader’s driver admitted that he distributed a “distorted” video to take revenge on Singhvi.
- ‘Court banned Singhvi clip for media, not for common man’ (indologygoa.wordpress.com)
- Singhvi Sexcapade: Social media did not violate any high court order (indologygoa.wordpress.com)
- ‘Singhvi Sexcapade’: Media as a Protective Condom (indologygoa.wordpress.com)
- Singhvi Sexcapade: India Today Group folded its tent without resistance! (indologygoa.wordpress.com)
- ‘Singhvi Sexcapade’: (Video) Netizens v/s Government Of India War (indologygoa.wordpress.com)